(G.N.S) Dt. 14
Soon after he the Supreme Court (SC) denied him anticipatory bail today, Pune police detained Milind Ekbote, the main accused in the Bhima Koregaon violence of January 1 this year.
The SC last month gave him relief of anticipatory bail until March 14, that is, today. This, despite a special court in Pune rejecting a plea for anticipatory bail filed by Ekbote in January, regarding the same case of violence that left one dead and several injured.
Two FIRs were registered against Ekbote alleging his role in the violence at Bhima-Koregaon at a time when Dalits in huge numbers had gathered in Pune village to mark the 200th year of the Battle of Bhima Koregaon.
Yesterday, Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis announced the withdrawal of all cases, except serious ones, in connection with the violence at Bhima-Koregaon.
Speaking in the Legislative Council, Fadnavis said that the loss of property worth Rs 13 crore during the violence will be compensated by the state government.
“We will form a committee under Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) to assess serious offences that were committed during the episode,” he said.
loss of property will be compensated by public money? why? fadnavis ke baap ka paisa hai kyawercind2016 Wicked Explorers Riders Club.
“This committee will submit recommendations to a cabinet sub-committee which will then decide whether the serious cases (too) should be withdrawn. The committee will submit its report in three months,” the chief minister said.
(G.N.S) Dt. 14